One the blog readers “Becky” let me know she tried the salmon recipe with her mom! AWESOME! As we were talking she brought up she had Chocolate Cola Cake for dessert. Never heard of it, but I am glad I did because it sounds awesome! I will let you know when I try it!!!
Chocolate Cola cake.
9oz self-raising flour.
3 heaped table spoons of cocoa powder.
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
10oz caster sugar.
7oz of unsalted butter/margarine.
9 fl oz/half a cup of milk.
3 and a half fl oz/1 generous cup of coca-cola.
Gas mark 4/180c.
1. Sift flour, cocoa + bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, the stir in the sugar.
2. Slowly melt the butter & cola in a pan over low heat.
3. Mix the milk & eggs, then add the cola/butter mix (when fully melted) before slowing adding into the dry mixture, stirring all the time.
4. You may need to sieve the mixture for flour lump bubbles, as the cake is very liquidy at this point.
5. Put into greased tins/cake cases and bake for around 40 minutes.
Have fun trying it 🙂