This recipe isn’t anything ground breaking and might even be one you know. I think sometimes the simple recipes; especially ones from our childhood can be the most satisfying. Most of our parents or caretakers are not classically trained chefs. Maybe we were not introduced to demi-glace or balsamic reduction as children, but the foundation for our culinary taste was still formed. I like to think that I was fortunate to have a wide range of food experiences as a child. My parents always took us to restaurants, someone was always cooking, and my dad always brining home one of his new finds.
But the fact still remained that while watching the Muppet Babies Christmas special I wanted pizza muffins and Minute Maid fruit punch. This is a great dorm room recipe and very kid friendly! Or in my case husband who is a big kid, friendly.
3 English Muffins, split ( I use the “Thomas” brand)
½ cup of marinara sauce (homemade, or jar I won’t tell anyone!)
1 package of mozzerella cheese
4 basil leaves (dried basil if you don’t have fresh on hand!)
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Split the English muffins in half and place them on a piece of foil
2. Take about a tablespoon of marinara sauce and spread it onto the English muffins surface.
3. Then place a piece of mozzarella cheese or sprinkle on your desired amount if using shredded
4. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and basil on top
5. Repeat process for each English muffin
6. Then place in a toaster oven until the cheese is melted about 7 minutes