I love getting submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org . Everyone is so creative and I am honored that you share your personal recipes with me! Yes, my family cooks a lot of Italian food and I love it! But as we have all grown up we have all tried different foods and broadened our horizons. There is so much good food out there and so many places to try!
I got this yummy submission from Tracie Bock. I love dishes with a Mexican flair. I can’t wait to try this!
Tortilla Pie by Tracie Bock
1 (16 oz) can of refriend beans
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
1 cup of chunky salsa divided
2 (4 or 6 oz) cartons of guacamole
1 (8oz) package of Mexican cheese
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1. Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well.
2. Place 1 tortilla in a lightly greased 9 inch round cake pan. Then spread with half of the bean mixture. Then top with another tortilla.
3. In the next layer spread half of the guacamole and then top with another tortilla.
4. Next layer sprinkle half of the cheese
5. Repeat this process, except for the cheese step.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake again this time uncovered until cheese has melted.