I have to say I am NOT the best baker. I think I may have said it before. I have even ruined brownies out of the box. I have definitely cried while trying to use a mixer or deal with dough of any kind! BUT….I am getting better! This holiday season I tried a couple of new baked goods, on my own! One success I had was a recipe I found through Pinterest (love it!). Peppermint Crumble bars…Okay I am not the biggest peppermint fan but I used milk chocolate peppermint bark instead of just white chocolate and I think they are much better that way. But this recipe was not too hard and to my surprise very good!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate peppermint candy (like Andes peppermint bits)
- 1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut the butter, sugar, and flour together until crumbly.
- Press a little more than half of the crumble mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 lined baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix 1 cup of the white chocolate peppermint candy and the sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Pour over the crumb crust in the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble and white chocolate peppermint candy evenly over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges begin to just barely brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.